Monday, September 19, 2011

Sundays at Whit's End Test Kitchen

One more reason I love cooking is food's ability to bring people together. And my favorite day to get people together is Sunday. While it is truly my day to do what I want and feel like, I usually prefer to spend time with my loved ones. I think it is important to set-aside time for yourself, but to me that doesn't mean being alone... it means doing what you choose with whom you choose. I usually spend most of the day planning for and cooking meals for family and friends. On Sundays I can be found reading my food magazines (my current favorites are Food&Wine and Bon Apetit), at the grocery store (Agata and Valentina is my favorite - the butchers and fish mongers are fantastic people), or in the kitchen... of course I also try to get to Central Park for a run or to my favorite yoga studio.  
Whit's End Test Kitchen currently has two locations - (1) the French Culinary Institute  (2) my Home (pictured above). Here, after dressing for and skipping yoga for a homemade lemon cake and a trip to Agata and Valentina, I am preparing Sunday dinner for Michael and his boys. 
Sunday Dinner
Starter
Cheese Puffs (Gruyere)
Leek and Potato Soup
Main
Poached Halibut with tomato fondue served over spinach fettuccine (my first ever poached fish, served deconstructed for picky eaters)
Asparagus cook a L'Anglaise 
Dessert
White Lemon Cake

When preparing food, you should always be careful about physical contaminants (hair). That piece of hair in someone's dinner can really ruin all your effort. Every woman in my family has long hair, so I guess you could say we've gotten used to it. 

Photographer Michael thinks it is funny that I wear dress shoes with my yoga clothes in the kitchen.  I usually prefer barefoot and dressed up. 
 I love Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment