Sunday, September 18, 2011

See caption.

Family Meal entitled "I am a big fat pig"
I was SO excited... I ran up the stairs to the fifth floor kitchen. Dessert?! You must understand, we never get dessert with Family Meal. This was an unexpected treat - excitement during an otherwise boring class on food preservation. So I RAN! There were no plates left so Chef Wanda (God bless her soul) gave me a platter. And I filled that platter. I returned to the Level One Kitchen grinning ear to ear.

And then everything changed. I was soooooo disappointed... there is honestly nothing worse than an enticing dessert that doesn't deliver. The icecream was crystalized. The apples were soft. There was bacon in the pecan turtle. And the three brownies were just bizarre - no one could figure out what was in them. One tasted cheesy, one may have had green tea, and the other tasted like straight coco powder. So I am really not a big fat pig because I only ate the fruit.... But please, restaurateurs and pastry chefs take note, if it is not fabulous and it is not worth the calories, don't serve it. Give me a glass of Baileys instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment