Monday, October 17, 2011

Blueberry Pie

I made a blueberry pie yesterday with a recipe from Joy of Cooking... I had two slices last night... and a slice for breakfast this morning. The crust was sweet and flaky and the blueberries were perfectly flavored with sugar, lemon, and a bit of cinnamon. The one problem was that a lot of liquid came out when I cut it!  I used 4T of corn starch and the bottom crust wasn't broken or soggy... but the juice just flowed out! It didn't thicken as much as I think it should have. Is this normal? Do you have any suggestions? 

I also got a new pair of shoes (worn here)... my second purchase in six weeks... actually, that isn't true. As Michael points out, he bought them for me. I am one lucky girl! 

Showing off my Blueberry Pie and new shoes

Blueberry Pie fresh from the oven

No comments:

Post a Comment