Friday, August 26, 2011

My first "first day" of school in years....

I was committed to sleeping until 8 AM, to starting a workable sleep schedule for my upcoming late nights in the kitchen. Michael's alarm went off at 6:45. I tossed and turned for the next few minutes, trying to calm my mind to get back to sleep, but my mind continued to race.... "FCI charged five figures to my credit card yesterday"... 7:00... "I need a Hepatitis A test, a Tuberculosis test, a lock, black non-slip shoes.... oh, and I need to stock the kitchen for Hurricane Irene." 7:15. That was it for me. I have never been able to ease myself out of bed.
Today is the first day of my Culinary Arts program at FCI. I feel like I am starting the "rest of my life"... similar to how I felt preparing for my first day of college or my first day of my masters program. The difference this time? I am following my dream. Today I embrace that the 10 month journey is the reward.


The French Culinary Institute, New York, NY

1 comment: