Monday, November 21, 2011

I got my life back... at the expense of my sanity... and my blog

It is cold in New York now. Most of the leaves have fallen and been cleared.  The city may not be totally ready for snow (it was 60 degrees on Sunday), but ready for the holidays for sure.

Holiday decorations are lining and lighting Fifth Avenue. It is a beautiful time in New York. This is the first time I have been in New York for the holidays and I am committed to taking advantage of all that the city has to offer.

This past weekend my friend Rachel came to visit Whit’s End. She stayed in our extra bedroom and I got to play my ideal role of Inn Keeper... and I got to play tourist too! We spent Saturday exploring the city. We had lunch at my favorite pizza place (Angelo’s on 57th Street) and dinner at one of my favorite restaurants (Blue Water Grill).

After dinner, after midnight, we went back to Fifth Avenue to enjoy the windows without fighting 1,000,000 tourists.
Bergdorf Goodman
On Sunday morning, after a delicious brunch of omelets and pommes darphin, and zucchini bread and strawberries, Rachel headed back to Washington. 
Rachel visited Whit's End for the weekend. We had a delicious Sunday brunch.
Sunday afternoon, Michael and I rented bicycles in Central Park and enjoyed a beautiful 15 mile bike ride around the southern tip of Manhattan.

It was a wonderful weekend full of good friends, good food, and good times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment